Filed under: Travel
I haven’t done one of these in a long time. Thursday Thirteen is a blog group that posts, every Thursday, 13 interesting, mundane, profound, or pointless things; just for the sake of doing it.
Things I Hope to Learn in South Korea.
1. How to make a good Asian Noodle Soup.
2. I hope to spend much time hanging around temples, learning better meditation skills, and immersing myself in Buddhist culture.
3. How to speak a little of the language. Although, when I was in Nepal, there were some Christian Korean missionaries trying to convert teachers at my school, and I literally thought at first that I was hearing dogs barking. It turned out to be two ministers speaking to each other.
4. How to be a better teacher.
5. How not to get lost in the world’s 11th largest city, Seoul.
6. Find out if I like kimchi.
7. How to get to other places and get paid such as Mongolia, Bhutan, and Cambodia.
8. Do some research on time periods when Buddhist culture was oppressed by various forces in Korea.
10. Get to travel around the country, although it looks like we’ll have very little vacation time.
11. Finally meet, in person, my bookcrossing friends who have been living and teaching in S. Korea.
12. Learn some local music, maybe even take up a traditional instrument.
13. Temples, Temples, and more Temples.
(My thanks to the owners of all the images I just used off of google image search.)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
12 Comments so far
Leave a comment