I got my placement for teaching in South Korea. I will be in Incheon, although not sure which area yet.
1. Incheon has 2.4 million people and is the third largest metropolitan area in S. Korea.
2. On Feb. 27, 2007, Incheon declared itself an “English City”, it is also a free economic zone, separate from other economic laws of S. Korea, both of these acts are an effort to attract foreign business, similar to Hong Kong.
3. Jim’s grandfather was stationed here in 1947.
4. They have two professional baseball teams.
5. It is where the main airport into S. Korea is.
6. There are two really tall towers there.
7. Sadly, because it is such a hub of commerce, I’m not seeing much in a search for traditional temples.
8. It is not just one area, but a bunch of islands, and yes, it is fairly close to the N. Korean border.
9. It houses Korea’s only official Chinatown.
10. Pretty pics I’ve stolen off the internet:
13. I found this pic, it’s not built yet, construction started in 2008 and is supposed to end in 2012.
“Korea’s The Most Highest Pure Apartment!”
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
11 Comments so far
Leave a comment